View Single Post
Old 28-Sep-2013, 7:24 AM   #28
Damon459

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
Your actual experience with K14IU-D suggests a UHF antenna smaller than the 91XG may suffice. I still prefer the 91XG for it's ability to tilt (a unique feature designed into the mast-to-boom clamp mechanism. However the Gain of the Antennas Direct DB4e would be on par with the 91XG at that frequency... And it's much more compact than the 91XG. (I own one of each and would not want to part with either.)

That leaves the signals in the range of real CH-7 through 13. The Antennacraft Y10713 is the 'big gun' in that band of frequencies.

I suspect the RCA preamp you got may have had a problem, I've head reports of low quality switches that select combiner and trap configuration. Try the Antennas Direct PA-18 and an external UHF/VHF combiner such as the Antennas Direct EU385CF.

This two antenna approach let's you aim the two antennas independently, a very helpful 'plus' in your situation.
I suspected as much with the preamp so I did already return in, thankfully I got it at walmart and they have a 90 day return policy. I considered buying another one but wanted to seek your awesome advice first. As for the antenna the antenna craft Y10713 it's on order already . For the UHF I read a comparison here http://www.antennahacks.com/Comparis..._vs_PR9032.htm and wondered your thoughts. I'm not concerned with size, but I have to wonder about the cost difference IE is the Antennas Direct 91XG really worth the 60 dollars more? If you still feel the Antennas Direct 91XG is the better of the two I will take your word for it, since you haven't given me any bad advise at all and full trust your expertise in this. As for the combiner I'm glad you brought it up because that would have been my next question on this post. So either you're just that good at helping us newbies or your have ESP
Damon459 is offline   Reply With Quote