View Single Post
Old 4-Oct-2017, 2:24 PM   #25
Eldorado

An update and potentially stupid question

I've decided for this year I will just put the antenna up in the attic and revisit mounting it on the roof in the spring, lots going on this fall including waiting for shingle guys to come and do their job

Doing more testing sitting on the 2nd floor of my house connected my cm7777, pointing the face of the antenna (side with the bows) ~90 degrees compass (Toronto) I pick up the 7 channels I mentioned earlier.. which is odd as they are all in the opposite direction, and even more odd that I was holding the antenna in front of me so I would figure my body would be mostly blocking those signals?

I turn opposite way to face Kitchener ~240 degrees, I get only a couple higher up channels, not CTV from Kitchener

So I'm a bit confused.. why am I seeing what I view as opposite results?

Should I be getting at least a bit of the Toronto stations? I figured with the preamp I should get something even indoors, but signal meter on those stations showed nothing

I was assuming my method would be to point face of antenna approx. 90 degrees compass towards Toronto, add the VHF kit to the back side of it to get Kitchener.. but I seem to be getting it reversed, getting all Kitchener and others by pointing at Toronto

And just to make sure I'm not crazy, the front of a CM4228 IS the side with the bows?

Mine is the old style from 10+ years ago - http://www.hdtvprimer.com/antennas/cm4228.html

The sides are curved in slightly which came like that out of the box, wasn't sure if this should be kept like that or was just from how it was packaged.. but pics I see online seem to show them curved in as well

Also the antenna is slightly bent, as in not absolutely flat, just from being stored in the garage, should I work to flatten it out perfectly and make sure everything is lined up and nice and square?
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote