View Single Post
Old 13-Oct-2012, 3:20 AM   #17
guido_groundplane

Further explanation(s)

Right now each antenna has its own converter box. One is a Magnavox which does allow manual selection of channels. The other is an RCA which does not. One or both have a bar graph signal strength feature. Had a ChannelMaster converter but it died. Guess I need to find something new there.

Looking at my "TV Signal Analysis Results", it looks to me like I'm getting, using UHF antennas only, most of my desired channels from the roughly 320 degree direction:

26, 5, 11, 38, 4, 2, 9. ( Kinda curious that I get 11, "real" 12, with my UHF antennas, yes, no? ) So I could point both the 8 bay and the CM 4248 in that direction and be done with it.

Or I could point one in that direction, and the other at about 14 degrees, at "real" 35, 50, 48. Which of the two is better suited to picking up these more distant UHF stations? Suppose here I could run my own experiment with the signal strength meter.

Back to VHF, guess I should try to get "real" 6 as an experiment, or could point it at "real" 12 and 7, so it has something to do. There is a tunable FM trap in the amplifier, with an on - off switch. If I left it off, was that a blunder?

Thanks,

"GG"
guido_groundplane is offline   Reply With Quote