View Single Post
Old 10-Oct-2012, 5:55 AM   #13
GroundUrMast

Just to catch back up....

Are you able to manually tune to a real channel and view some sort of signal meter function?
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido_groundplane View Post
Sorry I went off the air for a few months. Only pushed the last 9' of mast up recently, no joy with Channel 8 despite the extra height and addition of an amplifier. So the VHF antenna is just a roof decoration for now.

For UHF I've got an 8 bay "flat screen", and one that looks like an arrow pointing away with the transmitter, a "Diamond Quantun 4248, both from ChannelMaster. Each connected to its own channel converter. I need now to move those two to my main mast.

Wondering if there'd be any point in aiming one at 36/35/50/48 and one at 27/19/38 ? If yes, which to point in which direction, of the two I already have ?

Thanks,

"GG"
Are you thinking of combining the two UHF antennas into a single down-lead? If so, you'll almost certainly need a rather complex and expensive tuned combiner network custom built. I would try a single UHF antenna to see if all of the signals you've listed can be received with far less complexity.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote