View Single Post
Old 21-Sep-2014, 12:42 PM   #3
tomfoolery

If all you want is those four stations, they're all available between 256 and 265 magnetic. But I don't think the ANT751r, HBU11, or CM2018 have enough gain for reliable reception, especially with 2-edge refraction for all of them. 100 ft of RG-6 will cost something like 6dB at the higher frequencies, and you don't have all that much to start with.

I think an ideal setup would be the DB8e with the two panels aimed at about 163 and 260 magnetic, plus a Y10713 aimed about 260 for real channels 7 and 12. But there will be a lot of duplicate channels, and the Y10713 is big. That doesn't include low-VHF, but they seem to be all religious and spanish language stations (and a couple are off the air), so if you want them too, that requires an even larger antenna.

For a compromise, something like the HBU44 aimed at about 260 magnetic is what I'd try. If you have a clear shot to the horizon (no trees), maybe smaller would work (HBU33, 22), but I just don't know.

And whatever you use, you may benefit from tilting it up a little to aim for the top of the ridge to your west.
tomfoolery is offline   Reply With Quote