View Single Post
Old 5-Mar-2015, 4:13 PM   #10
GroundUrMast

As I understand it, the CS5 was designed to cover the High-VHF band (real CH-7 through CH-13)... It was found to have some useful UHF capability which is less directional than it's intentional H-VHF performance.

Antennas like theDB2E, DB4E and DB8E are intended to cover the UHF band (real CH-14 and up) only. It's possible that some useable VHF reception may sneak past the strip-line balun... but reliable VHF reception should not be assumed.

The Antennacraft Y5713 and Y10713 are intended to cover just the H-VHF band. I have had spotty success with UHF reception when experimenting, but I would not recommend this type antenna as a multi-band solution.

If you want an antenna that has intentional support of both UHF and H-VHF, consider the Antennacraft HBU series and the Winegard HD7694P. For attic mounting, I'd avoid the Winegard because it is difficult to re-fold... If your attic proves to be a black hole of TV reception, as many are, the Winegard would be difficult to remove from the attic without risk of damage.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote