View Single Post
Old 30-Sep-2013, 5:43 AM   #6
GroundUrMast

With no preamplifier I would expect you should be able to receive KTEJ, KAIT, KVTJ, and if it's on the air, KJNE-LP (analog). This assumes you are aiming in the direction of Memphis and have a modest length of cable to only one TV.

Reception of other signals would be possible, but I would not try to give you the impression that they would be reliable.

Adding a good preamplifier like the CPA-19 would allow you to overcome the losses in coax and splitters. No amplifier 'pulls' signal from the air and no amplifier makes an antenna pull more signal from the air.

It's good to know you got a good deal on the CM-3671. Only a very large antenna such as the CM-3671 would give you a chance at seeing the signal from WMC.

If I was in the same situation, you would no doubt see some big antennas above my roof, perhaps even on a tower. Still, Memphis is far enough away that I couldn't reasonably expect reliable reception, the variations in atmospheric conditions over that distance would help at times... And at other times make any reception impossible.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote