View Single Post
Old 10-Apr-2017, 5:44 PM   #10
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
Antenna Direct makes one antenna here in the USA.
Eh, no.

The last antennas that were made here in the States were the ones the boss made in his garage and sold out of the trunk of his car back when this was just a hobby sideline. That was before "Antennas Direct" as a business even existed. Now, all of our design and engineering work is done here in the States, some of which I'm involved in personally, but no production.

When the boss went looking for a US-based manufacturer back in '03, Winegard wouldn't even talk to him and Channel Master was in bankruptcy court as a result of their failed deal with Echostar. He was able to find a manufacturer in Taiwan who we still use today for our antenna production.

Quote:
Aqnd Beldon makes the best coax.
"Best"? By what measure? It's certainly excellent stuff and they have great technical documentation so one knows what to expect, but I can't tell any difference between it and the cables we sell when I test them in my lab. Just sayin'....

Quote:
No US manufacturer is going to build or modify an antenna unless it can make a profit.
This is a truth that many enthusiasts don't wish to accept. If we can't make a profit on an item, we're not going to spend money to develop and market it. Since the majority of all our antenna sales take place in retail stores, if it won't fit on a store shelf, it's probably not going to come to market. If sales of an existing product don't meet the financial requirements for profitability, it will get pruned.

Just how it is.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 10-Apr-2017 at 5:46 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote