View Single Post
Old 26-Dec-2014, 1:30 PM   #5
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
no loss in combiner and phasing harness for the DB8e - how far from reality is that assumption?
Not very far, the combining is pretty efficient.

Quote:
with the Y10-7-13 over the DB8e?
Put whichever one provides the best results on top. Traditionally, the UHF antenna gets put on top, but that's never set in stone.

Quote:
I would probably try manually rotating the mast
That's a good compromise to see what's possible. Keep in mind that big antennas are going to need a very robust rotor.

Quote:
Any reason to consider maybe a PA-18 amplifier instead of the CPA-19 I already have?

Not really since you already have the CPA19. The PA18's noise figure would give you less than a dB of advantage in system noise figure so I'd suggest sticking with the CPA19 for your initial tests.

Quote:
Quote:
Is there a better recommendation for a low noise amplifier with independent UHF and VHF inputs?
Antennacraft and RCA are your only current model choices. You might find a discontinued Winegard or Channel Master on ebay if you're patient enough to wait for one to come along. In reality, using an external UVSJ of good quality with a low noise single input pre-amp usually won't make much of a difference in the system noise figures.

Quote:
does it make any sense to use my Motorola BDA-100S4 as an amplified splitter
Only if it's needed. Let's get some reception first before expanding the system.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 26-Dec-2014 at 1:44 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote