View Single Post
Old 8-Sep-2018, 1:02 PM   #6
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
For some weird reason ADTech's boss decided to discontinue their FM filter.
It's not weird at all. It took SIX YEARS to sell through the last order that we had received and we have to order those things in minimums of several thousand. By the time we sold through that inventory, we had already paid cumulative inventory carrying costs over that time that we actually lost money on the last units. Since the first order of business is to not loose money (can't make it up on volume), the decision was made to discontinue that item as well as a good number of other SKUs that were slow moving and unprofitable.

Quote:
And what is even more weird, their UVSJ UHF/VHF combiner is out of stock:
A distributor cleaned us out earlier this summer with a large order that they had not forecast. Replenishment stock should be available in about two weeks, it was to arrive in Long Beach yesterday. In the meantime, inside sales as a limited number of UVSJ devices that we stripped from leftover C2 VHF Reflector kits that were to have been scrapped. They were supplied by Holland with our private label on them. You have to call in to order them.

Quote:
His boss doesn't seem to understand that having those two items in stock encourages the sale of their antennas.
My boss understands perfectly what his obligations are. SKUs that are not earning their keep get pruned and eliminated from the product lineup. We do not pretend to be a one-stop shop for everything antenna related, our product lineup is focused on those items that sell in volume with sufficient margin so as to support all of the obligations of the company including my personal favorite, my paycheck. I happen to be in favor of that priority.

Rant rebuttal over.

Quote:
Anyway, you can use a HLSJ, high section, as an FM filter:
https://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=zhlsj
It's good to see that SS has those back in stock. They were out last year and, when I spoke to them, they weren't sure they could find any remaining inventory somewhere. I finally found a couple on ebay that I needed for an experimental setup. They will indeed work well for suppressing the local FM station and, as suggested, it will probably require two of them to be stacked to provide enough FM signal reduction.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote