View Single Post
Old 27-Feb-2017, 4:25 PM   #1
CHD Dad

Antenna help - High VHF channel - 53 miles

Link to my report - http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e6a47519e89a38

Need help for Channel 13.1 - ABC

According to that report I can use a simple set top antenna. Well that doesnt work at all. 13 comes in as a total digital mess if at all. I borrowed an older 2 bay Antenna Direct from a friend and mounted it to where the old Direct TV dish was mounted. Did some aiming and got way more channels than with the indoor antenna but 13 is still useless. It does pick up channel 7 perfectly which is weird since it is also VHF and I found out the antenna I tried is UHF.

Due to the direction and where the pole is mounted on the house I cant put a long front to back antenna. Anything behind the pole would hit my roof. The current location is nice since it is already mounted, sealed, wired and grounded and is right above our outside box for cables.

Other issue is that the antenna is aimed at a row of very tall Cypress trees that form a sort of living wall between our property and next door. Every channel is in that direction and there is no way to get above those trees or aim around them.

I was looking at the RCA Compact Yagi as it seems crazy popular online. Other option was a GE 33685, CM 2016, ClearStream 4V or C2V, or??

Trying to find something that I can mount on current pole.

Last edited by CHD Dad; 27-Feb-2017 at 4:31 PM.
CHD Dad is offline   Reply With Quote