View Single Post
Old 27-Jul-2011, 5:22 AM   #9
PaulJiv

I did select the Cable to off on the TV prior to scan. I am kind of leaning more toward the problem being the TV. This is my fault for not checking after purchase At the time there was no need as I was on Satellite then to Cable both with the DVR and plugged into HDMI. I am still baffled why I can sometimes scan and lock channels pointed in the wrong direction. This evening I performed a factory reset as outlined on page 49 by pressing the up arrow and pressing power button on the TV. The TV resets and starts the initial setup. When scanning 2 analog channels are found then makes it to 8 digital. TV resets as the screen goes blank and the green led flashes for about 30 seconds. When the screen comes back up it is back to step 1 of the initial setup where it is asking me to select language. This evening I head back out to best buy and purchased a TIVO Premier but I need to find my network tools so I can activate the TIVO and scan the channels. I could activate in my room but the lack of TV may motivate me to finish the wiring in the house . When I was looking through my paperwork I purchased Sony February 2008. The Sharp is a newer TV I think I purchased in early 2010. I did purchase the extended warranty on my Sony and it has almost paid for itself with the bulb going out about 2 years. I should have about 1.5 years remaining on extended warranty, but if the TIVO works I may just live with it. I haven't used that input so far and the TIVO will get me back into HDMI. Thanks for all of your help and I will keep you posted on the outcome.

Last edited by PaulJiv; 27-Jul-2011 at 5:49 AM.
PaulJiv is offline   Reply With Quote