View Single Post
Old 13-Oct-2016, 4:22 PM   #9
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

Solution around the corner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
One is probably for the analog tuner, the other is probably for the digital tuners. Perhaps one is for cable only... That was a common configuration about 10-12 years ago as the manufacturers were all still developing integrated analog/digital tuners as part of their product transitions.

Ch 3/4 outputs will be analog standard def only (same as if RCA composite were used) and your new display doesn't even have any tuner, much less an analog one. I can't even imagine how bad SD would look on a 70" 4K display, if it's even possible.

If you're going to consider two separate tuners, go back to my initial recommendation (post #2) and use separate HDMI ports.
Hey AD Tech!
I'm beginning to think the two tuner solution is the only way, unless there is a way to somehow synchronize the phasing of the Milwaukee signal with the Chicago signal.

Unless I was to purchase another 91XG aim opposite to Milwaukee below the Chicago antenna, combine it with my 91XG Chicago antenna on the same mast with the same length RG6 to a combiner/combiner amp and do the same with my two 30-2476 VHF antennas on my other mast and combine the VHF and UHF combinations with a UVSJ? Just an idea, I know that others have successfully combined exact antennas with exact length cables and the phasing wasn't an issue.

I know that's a lot more work and a trip up the mast but I would do it to save the hassle of not only having two tuners in my home theater but to save the hassle of doing that in other rooms as well.

Quote:
If you do still need to go to two tuner's you're also going to need to figure out how to control them separately since most of the cheap ones use IR remotes and, if both boxes are placed so that their IR sensors can see the same area, either remote will control both boxes simultaneously. The option that Tom gave in the thread you found was for adding a single external box to a TV set with an internal tuner and presumed that the remotes would not conflict.
Yes, At that point, I know I would need an different brand of tuner, which I am currently trying to research now. Two different tuners remotes should not interfere with each other, correct?

Quote:
I realize I haven't provided a solution in all this thread, I'm just trying to make you aware of the complications you'll need to avoid.
Maybe you have not provided a solution, but you have illustrated some possibilities and pitfalls to avoid. Extremely helpful. Let me tell you, I am truly appreciative.

Stay with this thread, I will try to provide my solution.

Thanks, Bob

Last edited by bobsgarage; 13-Oct-2016 at 4:25 PM.
bobsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote