View Single Post
Old 5-Feb-2013, 6:23 AM   #1
dizzydervish

Question Southeastern NC: Help with new installation (stack/coupled?)

Hi, first of all I'd like to thank you in advance for your help with this, I sincerely appreciate your time.

The goal here is to do away with CTV at my mom's house while providing as much OTA programming as possible for live-in caretakers who help my mom--who is ill.

Here is the report regarding the location: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...1dda5553bf3a80

The height of the antenna on an existing (defunct) area service/light pole was entered at 25'--i guess i could go a little higher if it would help.

In looking at the report it seems that the antenna lies directly between two clusters of transmitters. I have heard that omnidirectional antennas might not be good, and am not sure about a rotating device--since more than one TV will be connected.

Also, there is an airport (ILM) approximately 7 miles SSE of the house.

Having said that, I have heard about a stacked? or coupled? installation of two different antennas--and didn't know if that would be a solution/possibility.

It seems that the stations in the "red" zone have multiple or side-band offerings vs. the ones that are in the "green".

Finally, i measured cable run distances, not sure if you need this, but anyway:
74' Antenna to splitter/head end (at 25')-This is not in place but I have leftover RG6 cable if that would work...
18' split to TV1, RG6
64' split to TV2, RG59
71' split to TV3, RG6
58' split to TV4, RG59
Again, any help is appreciated--because i have no idea what to do at this point, beyond the hunt and peck method...

Last edited by dizzydervish; 5-Feb-2013 at 6:28 AM. Reason: Location
dizzydervish is offline   Reply With Quote