View Single Post
Old 6-Apr-2014, 4:27 AM   #4
dmfdmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetvplease View Post
Thanks Tele, maybe I'm not asking the question properly. Can you recommend a better antenna than the hbu44? The darn trees around here are degrading my signals, not enough to make watching tv a pain but I know I can get more solid signals.
That antenna should work at your location so raising it or moving left/right might help but before you do all that work try this. First, all your stations are 2Edge (refracted) signals so you might try tilting up the antenna vertically (up toward the sky) 5-10 degrees. Sometimes you can get a few more dB for refracted signals this way but you'll need to experiment.

Second, I have a similar antenna (an ANT751, so not as large as yours) and I had to add a 24" twin-lead extension to my balun because the wind kept whipping it around and breaking the connection. I was surprised to discover that the extension allowed the wire to drop away from the antenna at 90deg and moved the balun to the J-pole and thus increased my signals about ~10%on UHF or VHF-Hi bands.

Here is my post on the balun story: http://forum.tvfool.com/showpost.php...1&postcount=48
dmfdmf is offline   Reply With Quote