View Single Post
Old 28-Sep-2013, 9:04 AM   #7
StephanieS

One of your issues out the gate for 261 and 269 magnetic is that you need VHF capability (RF 7 - 13) for KNTV RF 12 and KGO RF 7. Thus, I wouldn't go the 8 bay "bowtie" route as they are primarily UHF. Some "bowties" do pull in VHF if they are fair to good in signal strength, but at the signal strengths of KNTV and KGO and the 2-edge conditions you are in, you are going to want something that is designed specifically for the VHF and UHF band and has good gain in both bands. So, a 8 bay bowtie, no, not for Sutro (261/269 magnetic). Traditional VHF/UHF combination directional is your better bet.

Now, 164/165 magnetic you have different options. Being everything in that direction is strictly UHF (channels 14-50) you don't need to worry about VHF. If I were plotting a set up out at your location, I might jump for the RadioShack U-4000 4 bay antenna. It's not a super high horsepower UHF antenna, but for signals 25 db and up, you should be plenty good for KTVU RF 48 and KQEH RF 50. If you want something a little more nondescript, a RCA ANT751 would work nicely too. The ANT751 is also nice that it supports VHF along with UHF in a small well performing antenna (which could be handy in the future if you moved and were in a good signal area with everything in one direction - the ANT751 could do it all). (Note, you could probably do this direction with a 2 bay UHF antenna, but I always prefer to have a little bit better antenna than the minimal one that can do the job)

These are just my thoughts if I were concocting a set up at your location. Good luck!

Last edited by StephanieS; 28-Sep-2013 at 6:00 PM.
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote