View Single Post
Old 6-Sep-2018, 11:17 PM   #32
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascarken View Post
Not at all you are wrong about that have you used one I have when you put a vhf&a uhf
Together with the same amp you loos channel's lol
Please explain to me why you lose channels when you combine a UHF antenna with a VHF antenna.

When I combine a UHF antenna and a VHF antenna, I do not lose channels.

A UVSJ is designed to combine a UHF antenna with a VHF antenna without losing any channels. A UVSJ is designed to keep the UHF and the VHF channels separated before combining. Then, when they are combined, you will have all the UHF channels from the UHF antenna and all the VHF channels from the VHF antenna that you had before combining.

The only way you could lose channels is if you combine a UHF antenna with a VHF antenna using a UVSJ and lose some UHF channels that the VHF antenna picked up.

But, that is NOT combining a UHF antenna with a VHF antenna, that is combining a UHF antenna with a UHF/VHF combo antenna. You must use separate coax lines, separate preamps, and an A/B switch for that.

For your information, Winegard uses a UVSJ in the 8200U antenna to combine the UHF and the VHF sections of that antenna. It is called the CB-8269.

It works for Winegard; why doesn't it work for you?

Last edited by rabbit73; 6-Sep-2018 at 11:38 PM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote