View Single Post
Old 7-Nov-2014, 2:28 AM   #54
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
I guess if the splitter doesn't work the only option I would have left would be to replace it with some sort of directional antenna?
We really don't know what is causing the errors on 33.1. If it is from multipath reflections, then a more directional antenna might help. If the errors are caused by some other reason, like an unknown characteristic of the tuner, it wouldn't help.

When you started, most of the things you tried had a high chance of improving your signals. You are now at the point where they might not, and you must be willing to take that chance of failure. That's why I want you to try the simple things first.

Quote:
If I put the 2 way splitter on the C2V before the AC7 combiner, would I just "cap" the extra out?
The purists say that you should cap the unused port with a 75 ohm termination cap; practical experience says it doesn't seem to make much difference. Try it both ways to satisfy your own curiosity.
Quote:
Any adventage or disadvantage to using a splitter vs. an attenuator?
Not that I'm aware of except price and availability, assuming a good quality splitter.
Quote:
I'm assuming the 3db attenuator would be the one to get if going that route...
This is an experiment. You don't yet know how much attenuation would make a difference, if any. Think of it as an adventure, not a chore.

Last edited by rabbit73; 7-Nov-2014 at 5:44 AM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote