View Single Post
Old 4-Nov-2010, 8:46 PM   #14
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Guy View Post
I would echo Tigerbangs feelings to try to pick up more than a few stations. In my opinion the antenna industry should be working to solve VHF reception problems, not perpetuate them.
Perpetuate them? C'mon now....

The antenna industry already has offered the necessary solutions to VHF reception problems within the industry's capabilities. The industry has made U/V combo and separate U/V antennas available. It's really up to the broadcasters and the FCC to solve the remaining issues. In most cases and with only a few exceptions, the 500 or so broadcasters on VHF allocations CHOSE their current VHF allocation resulting in many markets with a single high-VHF stations. Quite frankly, it is the opinion of many within the industry that these broadcasters chose their own interests over the interest of their viewers, especially in cases where the station had an "in-core" UHF temporary allocation but elected to revert back to high-VHF anyway. Since some VHF stations are still switching back to UHF or are building UHF translators, it appears that some of them are "getting" it, especially for customers with indoors antennas or in areas where VHF power is severely limited due to adjacent market interference. Since the particular station in question in the OP's market is one who is building TWO UHF translators to cover areas otherwise unserviced by their primary signal, I'd have to say that they got the message.

I talk to dozens of customers every week and I tailor my recommendations to their requirements. I offer them the options available to them and what the technical requirements are based on their wants and needs. I don't impose my opinion upon them as to which channels they should choose to receive and I'd suggest, in all fairness, that the customer's requests and wishes be respected, even on these forums. Give the customer the choices and let them make the decision.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 4-Nov-2010 at 8:58 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote