Thread: West of Memphis
View Single Post
Old 12-Jan-2017, 4:25 AM   #5
Horripillation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Either the CM3016 you proposed or the Winegard 7010 that WE suggested are suitbable choices. Those two are comparable models.

I'm not surprised that the GE didn't pick up your local channel 5 as it needs those long elements that the other two antennas have.
I didn't expect the GE to work on 5. I just had to try before spending the money. It would have been awful to set up the full system then find a neighbor happily watching with their GE I didn't even try. Plus the rabbit ears were much shorter than I imagined.

In a couple of weeks, I will probably get the CM3016 and a long coax. I bought a Holland Electronics 3-way splitter. I plan on running coax from antenna to my Directv box outside, into the splitter, then connect the 3 coax from the tv into it.

Some say I'll need a pre-amp, others say a power distribution amplifier, some say both, others say neither. So, I will start with just the splitter. I do not have any power outlets near the place I'm putting the antenna or the splitter box. So, if I need a powered option, I may have to bring in an electrician. Or use a light socket power outlet adaptor.

Anyway, it will probably be a couple of weeks. My next 2 weekends are booked.

Thanks.
Horripillation is offline   Reply With Quote