View Single Post
Old 22-Nov-2013, 5:23 AM   #1
Tristan

Problems with tuner

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46ae10f81364e4

My situation is difficult, I realize, but to make a long story short (very long story) I'm able to find a spot on the roof that gets decent reception via the Antenna's Direct C2V hooked up to a portable RCA television (RCA DPTM70R). I can get nearly all channels of interest to me with this (virtual 4; RF 38 seems tough for reasons that confuse me... multi path?).

For example: without working very hard to "aim" this system (with antenna just a few feet above roof level... about 25 feet AGL) I can get virtual channels 5,7,9,11,16,33,51 (and a few others, less interesting to me). At times I can even get virtual 4.

But here's the thing: I then attach this EXACT same set up (cable run about 30-40 feet without splits, into the house, into one 32 inch Samsung LCD TV) and I get almost no channels! Some will be present (with 5-6 out of 10 "strength") but others are gone. Then, I rescan, and some of the absent channels reappear (with good strength) but the previously present channels are now gone.

Is the tuner on my 32 inch Samsung bad? How can I test this? From reading other posts it seems like Samsung tuners are generally highly regarded.
Tristan is offline   Reply With Quote