View Single Post
Old 12-Jun-2012, 5:42 PM   #4
sara

You need a VHF/UHF antenna. The options are ClearStream2 Complete (not just C2 without Complete) and ClearStream5. You can go with other companies, but I want to leave it for the experts to comment. I have not used other brands. ClearStream2Complete is available only from Antennasdirect. But if you look in the internet (e.g. SolidSignal, Amazon), you can get a C5 for much cheaper than a C2Complete.

You need a preamp or a distribution amp, but not both. Even without any you will get signals that are good but not reliable for some stations. This is because your towers are located in two directions. I have a 8 way split in wiring hence I got a distribution amp. But in hindsight I might have bought a preamp only and forget the distribution amp. Distribution amp is a little cheaper than a preamp. Hence I wanted to try with a distribution amp first. But I believe preamp is better as it pushes the signal very close to antenna.

You will get all the charlotte area channels easily provided you have at least 10-20 feet of height. If you go for other powerful antennas, you might get the greensboro stations on the backside (north east) when you tune to your stations (on south west). Include your TV fool report and people will help you.

My advice will be to get an antenna, Install it and see if you get all stations. If not go for a preamp.

Last edited by sara; 12-Jun-2012 at 5:45 PM.
sara is offline   Reply With Quote