View Single Post
Old 6-Nov-2015, 3:11 AM   #2
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

It isn't likely to be a problem with a 10 ft separation unless one is in front of the other blocking the signal path. However, there are hot and cold signal locations in an attic and the most convenient location might not be the best signal location. I suggest a temporary setup test before drilling any holes and running coax through walls.

Since you have provided an image of you report and not an active link to your report I'm not able to click on the WGHP callsign to see the terrain profile and make a more accurate analysis.

Quote:
I realize I could place a lower powered preamp on the Clearstream 4 (which might eliminate the occasional day time pixelation on WGHP),
It might help if it is only because the signal is weak, but it wouldn't help if the signal has poor quality, as defined by SNR and errors. If there isn't a good signal coming out of the antenna terminals, an amp can't recreate one; GIGO. The antenna must be located where a good signal exists. Hopefully, you have a TV that not only gives signal strength but also SNR and errors like my Sony.

Last edited by rabbit73; 6-Nov-2015 at 3:25 AM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote