View Single Post
Old 8-Jan-2015, 1:17 PM   #4
dpoe

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...2c15456ac569a7

Thanks for responding. I thought I had put in the link for the radar plot but I guess not.

I did read..... just didn't follow directions very good. I'm getting better in my older age!!

Okay, I guess I'm clear on the net gain. It's just tough to try and visualize the improvement. Considering the small number of channels broadcast over the VHF band I'm wondering if I should replace the Channel Master, or should I just leave what I have up there in place since it works pretty good. I helped my neighbor install one of Radio Shacks best antennas this last summer and it doesn't work as well as what I have, maybe I'm as good as it's going to be without installing some sort of elaborate antenna system. My UHF yagi is 16 elements, I can't remember who made it.

When I take this tower down to fix or replace the rotor I would like it to be the last time this thing ever needs to come down barring some sort of catastrophe. I'm wondering if I should just do an inspection on what I have and leave it in place or does anyone have a recommendation on something that would give me a significant improvement over the current setup?

I estimate my antenna is pointing at 325 degrees which is as far as I can rotate it off of 360. I can receive 47.1, 53.1 & 6.1 from Lansing, however, I can't receive 23.1. It's 50kw and I'm pointed practically right at it according to the chart from my signal analysis. Also, I'm receiving a number of stations from Toledo on the backside. Am I expecting too much??

And, can you give me opinions on the rotors?

Thanks again.

Dave

Last edited by dpoe; 8-Jan-2015 at 1:46 PM.
dpoe is offline   Reply With Quote