View Single Post
Old 18-Feb-2013, 9:17 PM   #4
Dan4328

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbo View Post

If I could get away with an attic set-up I am not sure how I would feed the coax to this living room. Would it be best to route it to a current junction box? She says her Verizon FIOS is currently wired where Comcast came into the home though and not sure if that's ideal.

I am looking at the RCA ANT751R possibly or the Winguard HD7694P. If I can convince her to an outdoor installation I would go with the RCA, attic I would choose the Winguard and use a pre-amp for both.

Suggestions or comments appreciated.
While I am planning on moving my TV Antenna outside in the next few days, I have the same RCA ANT751R as you, and for your conditions, all the stations at 20.1dB and up will come in with at least 50-55% signal for VHF stations. I am guessing that the same thing would happen for UHF, also. It all matters on fine tuning and turning the antenna to the best spot possible.

I would really recommend outdoor installation, because the attic for whatever reason blocks a lot of the signal coming in. It's still there, but up to 20% or 30% worse, even if it's 20/30 feet above the ground. I got better reception with a rabbit ears on my deck (3 feet above the ground) than with an amplified Terk 1080a one floor above.

Regarding your attic statement, I think most houses would have cables that all lead up to and through the attic, because that's where all the rooms could be re-wired in one spot without taking a cable guy hours to do so. At least that is my situation. It only took 20 seconds to find the main area where I could plug my antenna into my room cable.
Dan4328 is offline   Reply With Quote