View Single Post
Old 18-Mar-2015, 4:21 AM   #1
ltng7679

Question Antenna / System Setup Advice Sought

I was looking to cut my bills a little and dump my dish network since I only watch a few channels anyway.

I have an LG42cs570 HGTV which is fairly new so I assume it has a tuner. My plan was to set up an antenna in my attic (it's a 200 year old house and my wife doesn't like the thought of an antenna on the roof). It has a stone center chimney so this will probably give me problems. At 20 ft my report shows a number of channels 9 and up with a signal strength of 19 dbNM or higher. I only plan on running 1 TV ( about a 60 ft cable run away) but might get up to two in the future. I thought I'd also change my DSL internet to Cable for higher speed and try to use the internet (amazon prime) for the occasional movie or streaming of some shows / movies. Looking recommendations of what equipment including wire types to buy to make it all happen and how to connect it (like a simple block diagram). My attic opening isn't that large and getting by the chimney to the far side of the attic might be a challenge so an antenna that I can disassemble to pieces less than 3 ft wide by 4 ft tall would be helpful.

Also have a new attic vent fan in the area where the antenna will be located - not sure if there are EMI issues or if the frequencies are so different it won't matter.

Here's my signal strength report.
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...f1f0c2676c6222

Thanks for any advice you might have.
ltng7679 is offline   Reply With Quote