View Single Post
Old 20-Apr-2016, 2:56 PM   #18
Billiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
I have a hard time to believe that since 2011 everything has been fine then all of a sudden she needs a rotor or different cables? I agree that something definitely failed or weakened. If you have no way to test the connections and bypassing the cable run to test that.... you may need someone to investigate the problem. Is there a preamp or splitters installed? There is many variables.
I don't find it hard to believe based upon personal experiences I've had at several different locations where I lived. Already there seems to be an improvement since they checked and tightened up the cables. Losting two fairly strong signals now that they should have. Since those signals are traveling from the Denver area and they live in Fort Collins it is very possible something in the environment has changed. Or possibly the tuner is starting to fail in the TV.

Currently I have two channels at my current location that are strong yet have started to pixelate frequently with the antenna being in the same location. Leaves on the trees may be responsible for all I know. But when I move the antenna a few inches to one side the signals get much more stable.

Digital signals are not like analog. Much more difficult to trouble shoot a problem. The more we know about the installation and equipment the better chance we have at solving the problem.
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote