View Single Post
Old 7-Mar-2016, 5:56 PM   #40
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
Is there no corporate responsibility to help him just because he lives too close to an FM transmitter?
Perhaps that question should best be asked of the TV set manufacturers who leave their tuners wide open to interfering frequencies so they can save a few cents per TV. They could easily address the selectivity of out-of-band signals right in the tuner.

Quote:
I hate to see an AD customer twisting in the wind.
I beg to differ.

We're not leaving them to twist in the wind at all. The company is run, first and foremost, to be prosperous and to thrive. If that means pruning must be done, it will. Hey, I grew up on a farm. I understand pruning, whether it be a crop, a tree, a vine, or a herd of livestock. If conditions outside our reasonable control cause reception to fail, the antenna gets returned and the customer moves on. We can't fix every problem that arises.

Anyone whose livelihood depends on the business' prosperity will see the necessity of that mind set. For anyone to expect our company (or any other for that matter) of needing to be all things for everyone is not taking a reasonable approach to expectations. This industry is full of names that are no longer in business or failed and had to be "rescued". Radio Shack is the most recent, Channel Master went bankrupt back in '03. Even our competitor, Winegard (whose business fortunes are private), has been aggressively trimming their product offerings over the last several years.

Given our (still, sort of) free market system, if there's a need out there that can be filled at a profit, some entrepreneur will recognize the niche and fill it. Care to go into business selling low-volumes of traps, diplexers, and the like for low margins?

Okay, off my soapbox...

Cheers!

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote