View Single Post
Old 7-Nov-2014, 1:46 AM   #50
mulliganman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
The signal might be too "hot" for the Roamio tuner. A simple test would be to insert a 2-way splitter between the C2V and the input of the AC7, which would attenuate the signals 3.5 dB.
Yes, electrical interference is greater on VHF. It could also be from multipath reflections because of the simple V antenna.

How often do you see the uncorrected errors? Once-a-day for a few minutes, or more like almost constantly?

Do you see picture and audio problems on your TV only when you have errors?
If I put the 2 way splitter on the C2V before the AC7 combiner, would I just "cap" the extra out?

I can't say that the errors are there every single time I check. I have been going into the DVR Diagnostics nightly to check. I just noticed tonight the RS Uncorrected is up around 80 or so on 33-1. It isn't a completely unwatchable picture or non-stop picture problem when the errors are there. The best I could describe it is as a lined pixelation cut out that appears on the screen that is quite annoying.

I guess if the splitter doesn't work the only option I would have left would be to replace it with some sort of directional antenna?
mulliganman is offline   Reply With Quote