View Single Post
Old 7-Nov-2017, 12:53 PM   #10
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Post-repack and based on current filings, I can see only two full power channels that would have the potential for co-channel interference along the WI-IL state line - channels 17 & 32. Each of those is a full power in one city and a 15 kW low power in the other. More likely than not, the 15 kW signal isn't going to be strong enough in Racine to interfere with the full power coming from the other direction. Similarly, when the low-power and translator filings occur, I wouldn't expect those signals, once built, to reach the state line with enough power to cause interference.

I'd rate this concern as "minimal" at the moment. FWIW, it looks like the FCC was able to successfully avoid using the same channel in both cities for full power stations.

Milwaukee is scheduled for phase 6 (Sep/Oct '19) and Chicago for phase 8 (Jan/Mar '20) of the repack process. I would expect co-channel interference on some stations during the overlap period.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 7-Nov-2017 at 2:18 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote