View Single Post
Old 6-Dec-2011, 11:23 PM   #3
Electron

Reception

There is No Such Antenna as a HD antenna. HD antennas were invented in marketing departments to sell more antennas. The point is easly proven because plain old rabbit ears indoor antennas will receive analog tv signals , Non HD digital tv transmissions and HD tv transmissions. 40 year old tv antennas that are in attics receive HD. 40 year old antennas that on the roof of the house and still in some kind of functional condition receive HD. A plain old wire coat hanger will receive analog tv transmissions , Non Hd digital tv transmissions and HD digital tv transmissions. The human body is a antenna that receives analog tv transmissions , Non Hd digital tv transmissions and Hd digital transmissions. The HD is on products because that is what people expect to see. Take the same antenna that has these two letters of the alphabet --> HD , and take that HD off the box and people will not by the antenna because there is no "HD" on the antenna box. What does that say about people that believe any thing with out even checking on the internet. All this stuff is easy to look up on the internet. Here are the tv picture resolutions ( the clarity of the picture ) , Low definition - 480i and 480P. High definition - 720P and 1080i and 1080P. The tv will also show you what signal is being transmitted and received , 480i , 480P , 720P , 1080i , 1080P. Perhaps you brother in law is goading you to get a rise out of you.

Last edited by Electron; 20-Oct-2012 at 2:04 PM.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote