View Single Post
Old 21-Feb-2012, 9:00 PM   #11
Electron

Tv antennas and Tv reception

This recommendation is based on the current plus Pending Applications Included for 02-21-2012. The first post shows a default antenna height of 10 feet and does not show the the tv stations/channels to the south-east. The 25 foot and 40 foot antenna heights show the the tv stations/channels to the south-east. Going to 40 feet has a Very Small advantage over 25 feet for signal strength. I recommend mounting 2 antennas no less then 25 feet above ground. 25 feet is about the height of a antenna mounted above a roof of a single story house. I see no CBS or PBS tv stations at 327 degree magnetic compass , there are CBS and PBS stations at about 133 degree magnetic compass. So 2 antennas will need to be installed. The first antenna is a Winegard HD7082P antenna aimed at about 327 degree magnetic compass. The second antenna is a Winegard HD7698P antenna aimed at about 133 degree magnetic compass. I do not recommend a preamp for either antenna because UHF channel 23 at 9 degrees magnetic compass is a Very Strong signal and will likley overload a preamp and be the cause of bad or no reception of some channels.

Last edited by Electron; 21-Feb-2012 at 9:37 PM.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote