View Single Post
Old 8-Jan-2014, 11:17 PM   #12
mulliganman

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieS View Post
Sure, the image is way to distant. Use your zoom on your camera to take a up close picture of the design.

Plus, the 100 mile claim is just unscrupulous advertising in these cases. Small amplified plastic antennas don't do "150 miles" either. It's garbage.

You want to talk what a 100 mile (VHF) antenna looks like? Go look at the old Channel Master Quantum 1160. It's almost 16 feet long. Most advertisers don't go beyond 70 miles with UHF claims because curvature of the earth combined with the shorter UHF wavelength makes those signals degrade faster than VHF counterparts.

As to your questions about FOX and specifically if you are out of luck. Not at all, according to your plot I would think your clearstream 2V ought to receive KRBK at a heading of magnetic 349. Where are you pointing the clearstream? Have you tested alternate locations on your roof? Sometimes moving a few inches to a few feet can cure a "dead spots."

It's too bad I didn't see your prior posts. I might of suggested an Antenna's Direct DB8 mounted on a rotor with an option for an Antennacraft Y5-7-13 if KOLR was unreliable.
Yeah I should have known that 100 mile claim was bogus. How I even ended up with that second antenna was because he couldn't find FOX KRBK with the Clearstream 2V but he didn't use a compass to help him aim either. That antenna is aimed toward Fordland, MO. He brought back the "100 mile antenna", some sort of preamp, and distribution amp to get FOX. I had better pictures with my regular camera but they couldn't be uploaded because the files were too large.

So are you saying you think I can pick up the Fox KRBK stronger by adjusting the aim of the Clearstream 2V to magnetic 349 degrees and still maintain strong signals for the other major local networks? If so is that with or without a preamp? I've emailed the installer to ask what the model numbers are on the second antenna, preamp, and distribution amp but haven't heard back. I wish I had additional options for installation/modifications if indeed it looks like I can strengthen the Fox signal somehow. I'm not "handy" enough to do the necessary adjustments myself I'm afraid.

Last edited by mulliganman; 8-Jan-2014 at 11:35 PM.
mulliganman is offline   Reply With Quote