View Single Post
Old 29-Apr-2011, 7:04 PM   #22
GroundUrMast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubb View Post
Okay before I start throwing all kinds of money at this, It seems like there really is no other way to test things out. Is that what everybody is doing? Buying an antenna trying it out and then if it doesnt work back to the drawing board.

Now if I understand this right, I can buy the XG-91 and the 10G221 and with this setup I "should" be able to get my missing channels? Can I still use my exisitng antenna since I am able to get all my VHF channels.

I would rather not have to purchase another antenna strictly for VHF (7-13)
You have already demonstrated that you are right on the edge of reception of KNXV (by adjusting aim point), that gives me quite a bit of confidence that you are going to be able get KNXV. The numbers indicate the signal from KPPX is also strong enough to receive with the gain offered by the XG-91. The consumer grade alternative to the XG-91 would be a virtually identical Winegard (as measured by gain). After that you would need to look into commercial antennas or a site-built rhombic array, (a serious hobbyist project).

There is nothing wrong with trying to reuse your existing antenna as a VHF only antenna. Simply connect it to the VHF input port on the 10G221.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 29-Apr-2011 at 7:24 PM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote