View Single Post
Old 17-Sep-2014, 8:59 PM   #5
StephanieS

Hello Sippenhen,

Yikes, KNIC is laying quite the signal on you.

Your major affiliates are all doable from your current location. My concern is KNIC and where would you intend to mount your antenna.

I agree with the others an unamplified antenna is needed. KNIC's signal is extremely hot, so any amplification will likely cause problems in your reception chain. Further, an outdoor antenna is likely required. Your signals are down in the 30 db range with some terrain blockage. An indoor set top antenna isn't the proper choice here.

If I were installing for this TVfool plot, I'd try to find a location that has some tree blockage in the direction of magnetic 262, while having a more open location in the direction of magnetic 150. My goal would be to "knock down" KNIC's signal as much as I could. Being you are in Texas and trees may not be around at your location, I would test having the antenna maybe 5 or 10' above ground and using the house as shield in the direction of magnetic 262 while having more open line of sight with magnetic 150.

Lastly, you have some distinct headings to consider. How important is KCWX CW? I ask because in addition to broadcasting on real channel 5 (a low band VHF signal), it is off axis of the majority of other stations in your market. There may be some adjustments to consider.

Cheers.
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote