View Single Post
Old 2-Sep-2012, 7:57 AM   #3
Eroc

Roof is 1 layer of asphalt shingles.

I get 88 digital channels some of which show up as FM, etc. I can even see NFL, Starz, and Redzone among others. I assume these are some kind of satellite channels as they are "Encrypted." KHFD is about where I lose all signal, though, I can detect the station. This is all on my main TV as it has only one splitter between it and the antenna (though a longer cable run, see below).

As far as cable runs, I have to estimate at least 40 feet total as the antenna is on one side of the house over to the TVs on the other side of the house.

Ant-split 1 ~ 12ft
split 1-tv1 ~ 35ft (~47ft total)
split 1-split2/TV2 ~ 25ft (~37ft total)

The second splitter only has 2ft cables running to the tuner. Splitters are all -3.5db splits btw.

It is hard to follow the cable over the vaulted ceilings of the living area/den but I do know that the TV1 cable goes out of the attic and down the outside wall of the house (cable guy ran the lines for me, lol..), so it was hooked up already and I had to just disconnect cable and connect the Ant to the splitter.

I get pretty impressive reception for this old antenna. It has only 4 directors and 6 reflectors on the UHF side if I remember correctly. I think a mid to upper level (15-30db) preamp would help?

Thanks again!
Eroc is offline   Reply With Quote