View Single Post
Old 11-Aug-2013, 7:27 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

I don't see a solution that let's you use a single antenna unless you use a rotator also. If you are only connecting one TV that may be a good option. With two or more TVs connected, you have the problem of who gets to control the rotator.

In our house, I can satisfy most people by wiring a single fixed aim antenna feed to the majority of TVs. In your case that could be either the Huntsville or Nashville markets... you would know better than I, which group would be the most desirable of the two. Additional antennas don't have to wire to every TV... just the primary TV(s).

Reliable reception from Huntsville calls for a UHF only antenna at the moment, but there's the possibility that WTZT will be comming on the air on real CH-11. That means that you would want to use an antenna with both UHF and H-VHF capability. The Winegard HD7694P would be the smallest antenna I would point at Huntsville. If you want a shot at either WHVD or W38BQ (which may not be on the air at the moment), the added gain of the Winegard HD7698P would be recommended.

Going after Nashville signals will require a big antenna like the HD7698P.

Would you consider two antennas, one mounted on a rotator?

How many TVs do you expect to connect?

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote