View Single Post
Old 14-Apr-2011, 8:03 PM   #13
Javaman

Well I finally pulled in channel 10 WTNH. It's not ideal but I was just trying to see if I could get anything at all to reward this past month. I ran a cable out the window and walked around the yard with my roughly built 6 director Yagi and stumbled across a narrow spot that's letting signal through. Its weaker than others but it was stable.

On the roof its a different story. I think the fuller top parts of the evergreens to the south are blocking signal. I used a shorter cable length to rule out line loss on the roof but nothing. I tried the FM trap but had no luck with that either so I returned it.

I still wish I could grab something on the roof but I'm thrilled that 39 miles out this signal came through. It might get blocked when the leaves grow in. I'll have to check.

I was able to nab WUVN with a custom tailored Yagi and noticed its signal is much stronger than WTNH even though its ranked way below it on the TVFool report. Next chance I get I'll do some more exploring to see if other spots are better at reception.
Javaman is offline   Reply With Quote