View Single Post
Old 26-Mar-2016, 8:08 AM   #16
StephanieS

This is my question as well as I agree with patience to find the best data possible to help Brent. Thank you to Rabbit for linking the other thread report with the more precise situation of the OP.

Brent, as for my take. Still a rough slog. I'd like to see you post heights of 40, 75, 100 and 150'. At 25', cobbling together reliable reception of Lexington network affiliates may be in the very difficult to impossible category. You suffer from distances of 60 to 70+ miles in addition to 2-edge conditions. Meaning terrain is blocking the path to the transmitters from Lexington. This can really compromise the signal (what's left of it) as it reaches your antenna. Mileage is also an important variable. UHF with it's shorter wavelength compared to VHF signals, tends to not travel as well. This means after 65-70 miles the signal may just "peter" out due to not tolerating obstacles as well as VHF signals in addition to having a shorter wavelength. Most reputable antenna makers don't go past 60 or 70 mile claims on UHF for this reason.

This isn't to say you may have some wildcards that may work in your favor. However, my take at the moment is more data please. An antenna is only good as it's signal access. If you are surrounded by trees, blocked by hills with general poor signal access even a Wade Parabolic UHF antenna (VERY pricey compared to a Clearstream 2V) won't succeed.

SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
What does your line of sight look like from the antenna mounting location in the direction of both Lexington and Knoxville?
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote