View Single Post
Old 24-Sep-2014, 7:39 AM   #2
StephanieS

Greetings KBEX,

Your report is reasonably straightforward. Installing in the attic complicates things though. You'll find many here including myself do not favor attic installations for the unpredictable effects it can have. These include multipath and electrical interference that would make an otherwise reliable channel unreliable. Further, you have a complicating factor in that your Hartford broadcasts at magnetic 350 are down in the 20 (nm) db range. This is important because once you start to get to about 30-25 (nm) in signal strength, there may not be enough signal to penetrate your roof. The translation here is that anything below 30 (nm) db in strength may be unreliable in an attic installation. The main cluster from Hartford is in that category.

All that said, I would install a two antenna system outdoors and clear of any obstructions. For UHF, a Antennas Direct DB8e pointed to heading 350. I would add a small VHF capable antenna such as the Antennacraft HBU11 and I would point it to magnetic 311.

How many TVs do you wish to serve and how long do you project your cable runs to be?

Cheers.
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote