View Single Post
Old 7-Jun-2010, 12:53 PM   #4
hockeyrcks9901

I know I'm about 30-35 feet up but I was looking for a conservative estimate of signal strength. There are a few apartment buildings around, none higher than 3 stories that I know of with one that might be in the way, I haven't checked compass heading yet. I know where the towers are, I drive by them everyday for work, I just never knew what they were. I doubt I could see them from my apartment but I'll take a look later today. There might be a 4-5 story building in the way somewhere but I think it is off to the side aways.

I assume that most of the signals I'll receive should be strong enough for 2 tvs? We never use both tvs at the same time, one is an HDTV with a digital tuner and the other has just an analog tuner so I'll need to pick up a converter(any recommendations?). And the cable runs are about 10-15 feet from balcony to either tv.

I've been looking around and would you mind explaining the differences between the Freevision you recommended and the HD-1080? The 1080 seems to be a better antenna and cheaper but I am very new to this so I certainly could be wrong.

Sorry for any typos, I posted this from my phone.

Thanks again,
-Adam C.

Last edited by hockeyrcks9901; 7-Jun-2010 at 1:12 PM.
hockeyrcks9901 is offline   Reply With Quote