View Single Post
Old 13-Aug-2012, 4:31 PM   #1
chicago121

Attic Antenna Selection Help

Hello all,

If anyone could give me some advice on selecting an antenna, I'd really appreciate it.

Here's my TVFool Report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9900e412f5448e

I'm currently using a Mohu Leaf antenna taped to the wall behind the TV, and get fair reception for most of the UHF channels from 21 up. I get intermittent breakup on NBC 29 depending on the weather that made the Olympics tough to watch at times.

With football season upon us, I'd like to upgrade my antenna to try to get more stable reception across-the-board on the UHF channels, and also get CBS on VHF Channel 12, which I cannot currently get at all. ABC VHF channel 7 would also be nice, but not absolutely necessary. All the channels I'm interested in are broadcast from downtown Chicago, so I think a uni-directional antenna would be fine.

I'll need to attic-mount the antenna, since a roof or pole-mount is a no-go with my wife. The antenna will connect to a single SiliconDust HDHomeRun networked TV tuner that attaches to my network/HDTV, so no splitters or anything. The cable run from the antenna in the attic to the tuner will be approximately 75-100 feet, from the antenna, out through the wall, down 2 floors into our crawlspace, over to the living room and back up to the entertainment center.

Any advice you guys could give would be very much appreciated. Let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks!
chicago121 is offline   Reply With Quote