View Single Post
Old 15-Jul-2011, 11:28 PM   #31
scott784

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcp12345678 View Post
Thanks for the link. Looks like I'm not the only one feeling the pain . I called and was directed to where I could leave a message, which I did. Haven't heard anything back yet though, although I just called a couple hours ago.
Yep, I think the small staff at WGPX in Greensboro is aware that their over the air signal (near Reidsville) is inferior to the rest of the Triad locals, especially as it relates to the signal of WGPX not doing a good job of reaching lots of people in Winston. However, they need to get with their home office (whereever that happens to be) and do something about it. I suppose it comes down to dollars and cents.

From what I have gathered, WGPX received approval some time back (from the FCC) to build out their tower in Reidsville at a higher power level. However, they have not taken advantage of this permit. Again, I suppose they either don't have the money to spend, or don't want to during these tough economic times.

I am glad you called WGPX though. It is important that they hear from viewers in Winston. They market themselves as a Piedmont Triad Station. That means Greensboro/High Point/Winston-Salem. So (as far as I am concerned), they should have a better tower which is capable of carrying their over the air signal further.

PS Of course, everyone in Greensboro would have no problem getting WGPX over the air b/c they are much closer to their tower out in the Reidsville area.

Last edited by scott784; 15-Jul-2011 at 11:44 PM.
scott784 is offline   Reply With Quote