View Single Post
Old 2-Oct-2018, 11:50 PM   #14
corvairbob

> Are you sure you have the two TV towers north of you in mind correctly? Both TV Fool and the RabbitEars chart that Rabbit73 included above note that both the 17.1s that you might receive are at 18 degrees True North (around 24 degrees magnetic), and that the 8.1 (real frequency 46) and 29.1 (RF29) are closer to Wolf Lake, at 67 degrees/73 on a compass?
i had steve from tv8 send me the address and inputting that into google shows it just north of the
muskegon river. i can go out to the road and see the end of quarterline road and then less that a 1/4
mile to the river so doing a measurement i got about 6 miles to the tower. fomt my house

tv8 channel 8.1 is to the east and that power pole must not let it come thru all the time. in the mornings
it comes in athen as the sun goes up that station goes away.

> Do you still have the RCA Yagi that you showed the picture of in the 2016 thread? If you point that to the southeast, and have only its coax go to the distribution amp (without the combiner), does that ever get you 8.1 (NBC from WOOD) or even 3.1 (CBS from WMMT)? Those would be their main signals from the Gun Lake area. It has the wider dipole elements that are needed for Hi-VHF, unlike the HDB8X that is optimized for UHF.
i have that but if i take it out of the system tv35 and 54 fail to come in for me. and 3 is just
possible.
i one time tried to just use 1 antenna and rotate it but then everytime i did i had to re scan. that was
just a pain. none of my tvs seem to be able to let me punch in the channel and have it remain in the
tuner. so i would have to punch them all the time. no i can do that i guess but they don't have the .
for the sub digit.

> If you drive around your neighborhood, what do you see up on other people's homes, and in what direction? My guess is that many have the longer yagis like you noted in your 2014 thread (the Winegard HD 7698P, although you likely wouldn't need one that long). I've geeked out so much on OTA that my teenage son rolls his eyes when I'm glancing at people's roofs and comment on their aerials.
i drive around but i do not see any antennas on any roofs. in my area. there may be a few i have
not yet seen any

so now it seems i can't get pictures uploaded here like before if i can figure that out will send some along.
corvairbob is offline   Reply With Quote