Thread: Antenna for
View Single Post
Old 27-Apr-2012, 9:41 PM   #10
Tamerlane

I really appreciate the responses, thank you! I should have said more about my installation. I do not have roof access at this point in time. The picture attached is from a deck where I can mount and where I've been testing antennas, including with a 15' pole. This is probably my max height which would put the antenna ~10' above the height the photo was taken. My cable is under 30' directly into a Panasonic TV with a decent tuner (no splitting). I am wondering then if amplification is even needed in my case?

For antenna positioning, I have been using the TV Fool bearing information as well as Google Earth. My line to Grand Island goes slightly over/through the neighbor's roof in the photo. I test off directions as well in case signals are bouncing around.

The solutions suggested, in addition to amplification, include yagi antennas and attenuating channel 44. Will the directional antenna will still give me a shot at 43 even if I cannot get above the trees or even above the roof next door? Is there any chance a smaller directional antenna like a RCA ANT751R or something between it and the mega-yagis can pull this off? And should my first step be yagi or attenuation (I can't do two yagis but maybe a trap or bandpass filter idea)?

In other words I just don't know which is the primary obstacle now, the tree+ interference or the adjacent channel. Keep in mind I already get one Grand Island station and one or two further away with the DB4e, but I cannot get two other Grand Island stations (only one of which probably has adjacent channel interference)!??!

Last edited by Tamerlane; 27-Apr-2012 at 9:45 PM.
Tamerlane is offline   Reply With Quote