View Single Post
Old 7-Nov-2013, 9:39 PM   #1
Ustauk

VHF In Concrete Apartment

Here's my TV Fool Report

I have an RCA ANT1050 antenna. I'm in a third floor concrete high rise apartment, with no balcony. My building is surrounded by similar towers. My apartment only has windows that face north, and has apartments to the east,west,southwest, and southeast, and apartments, elevators, and stairwells to the south.

TVFool needs to update the virtual channel listing for Edmonton, as it is not current.

With the ANT1050 antenna lying flat and facing southwest, I can get CBC (Real 42.1, Virtual 5.1), CityTV (Real 17, Virtual 51.1), and Omni (Real 44, virtual 56.1) with three to four bars.

I'm interested in particular in getting CTV (Real 12, Virtual 3.1) and Global (Real 13, Virtual 13.1). No matter how I position the antenna, I cannot seem to get more then a single bar on these channels with my current antenna. I can get three bars and clear signal on these channels from a nearby park (TV Fool Report for the park. I'm using a Kworld ATSC USB stick hooked up to my PC inside and a netbook outside).

I'd really like to get the two above channels, since I'd to see Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Person on Interest, and Sleepy Hollow in that beautiful, low compression OTA signal everyone keeps talking about. Is there any particular indoor antenna that would help me get these high VHF channels in my apartment? Would something with rabbit ears help? Or am I fracked by the tower position in relation to my concrete bunker of an apartment? Thanks!

Last edited by Ustauk; 7-Nov-2013 at 9:44 PM.
Ustauk is offline   Reply With Quote