View Single Post
Old 5-Jul-2012, 4:32 PM   #1
garrubaj

Unhappy TV Signals just cut off...

Hi,

Just another beginner trying to cut the cable from the Cable Company. I have a Channelmaster CM-3018 UHF/VHF/FM TV Antenna running through a Winegard ANWI8700 Winegard AP Signal Amplifier running R6 from all connections. My tv is a LG 42" Plasma with an HDTV tuner inside.

Currently I have the antenna in a spare bedroom and pointing in the correct direction. Now my antenna worked for about 2 weeks. Then one day I turned on the TV and no signal and nothing changed to my knowledge. (this also happened with an indoor antenna I first tried out, not sure if this correlates with current issue. But I was not able to fix the indoor antenna, that one was slightly old.)

I then ran the EZ-Scan provided in the setup screen on my TV. This proved to erase all channels that were once all there besides NBC. The map of channels is located here: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...13493491fc6f9b and I would like to get most if not all from 96 compass degrees.

One other thing the "EZ-Scan" stops on all channels I want. The real Channel numbers is what the scan hesitates on. It will pause for about 2-5 seconds and then just continue, the new symptom. How can I make sure everything is running properly.

Also I live about 2-3 miles from a airport, realized today that this might be an issue. If so, how should I go about blocking out their signal?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist in anyway! Let me know if I need to explain anything clearer. The total cable length is around 50', no splits besides the amp power block and only to one tv in living room.
garrubaj is offline   Reply With Quote