View Single Post
Old 24-Aug-2017, 10:37 PM   #4
shovel99

Smile Thanks Joe

I had a pretty successful antenna in the attic, 100 foot cable, no preamp, no amplified splitter, single TV test. Was before the leaves came out. Received all the channels desired with two of them pixelating. I will experiment when I receive the amplified splitter I have ordered. I am going to just go for broke as starters: install the Winegard LNA 200 boost, the splitter amp, antenna just where it is. I can try other attic locations to try to get signal from the one channel I want that I am not getting, the one at 180 degrees. Do you think adding a directional YAGI pointed at the difficult station, the CM4228 picking up the rest, joined into the Winegard LNA would be an alternative?

What are your thoughts on getting signal to the upstairs TV? Do I split off the antenna.. one line direct into the upstairs TV, one into winegard preamp, 100 feet coax to basement located splitter/amp, 25 foot coax to each of 3 TVs on main level from basement? Or antenna > winegard preamp> 100 ft coax to basement > splitter amp> 100 ft coax back up to 2nd floor TV, 25 foot coax to each of 3 TV's? Thanks for your help! Paul
shovel99 is offline   Reply With Quote