Thread: Need Help
View Single Post
Old 4-Aug-2013, 4:36 AM   #2
GroundUrMast

The RCS ANT-751 has a good reputation in areas with strong signals and where you have real channels 7 through 51 available. Though RCA does not publish gain specs for it, I would estimate it to have 3 to 5 dB of gain in the CH-7 to CH-51 range. That's not bad for its size, but you need all the gain you can get... Especially if you're going to try reception from in an attic.

I see no VHF stations on your TVFR until you get down to KUTF, real CH-12. I would strongly suggest you consider the higher performance UHF antennas.

Consider the Antennas Direct 91XG or DB8e, Winegard HD9095P or Channel Master CM-4228HD.

My preference leans toward the 91XG based on personal experience with it and it's unique feature that allows for tipping it up slightly in cases like yours where you need to aim at the top of a ridge where the signal is going to be diffracting over.

Feel free to try this from an attic... I don't expect you to do well though. Your conditions call for a high performance antenna mounted outside, high & clear of obstructions.

If you are going to run more than one TV or more than 50' of cable, consider a preamp such as the Winegard HDP-269 or Antennacraft 10G201.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote