View Single Post
Old 15-Apr-2015, 3:11 PM   #1
PA49erFan

Different TVs getting different channels. Amplification needed?

Obviously I am new to OTA tv. I have been using my clearstream 4 (C4) antenna for about a month now. My problem is that on my main TV in the living room I can almost always get all the channels available in my area (with exception of ABC due to the signal being VHF), however, on my 2nd TV in the basement I cannot get FOX or PBS. The other channels (NBC, CBS) come in clear.

My current set up is the antenna specified above. Coax cable running about 50' to a grounding coupler, then into the house for about another 30'-50' (exact distance cannot be determined) to my cable jack. From there it goes to a splitter, 1 going to my TV (living room) and the other is a short run straight down about 3' to the basement into another splitter. From there I have a final run of about 20' to my basement TV. The other outlet on my splitter in the basement is to go to the TV in my boys playroom or about 10'.

The antenna is mounted to the side of my roof near the peak at about 30' above grade and facing west.

I do not have any amplification. I know the run is long and I have 2 splitters which degrades signal. Would getting any type of amplification work and if so what would you recommend? Should I replace the 2 dual splitters with 1 three or four way splitter?

Here is a TV fool report....
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...f1f0f44e0025c0

Thank you very much. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by PA49erFan; 15-Apr-2015 at 3:13 PM. Reason: Added location of antenna
PA49erFan is offline   Reply With Quote